Nov 13, 2012

bad moon risin

"I've tried the new moon tilted in the air
Above a hazy tree-and-farmhouse cluster
As you might try a jewel in your hair.
I've tried it fine with little breadth of luster,
Alone, or in one ornament combining
With one first-water star almost shining.

I put it shining anywhere I please.
By walking slowly on some evening later,
I've pulled it from a crate of crooked trees,
And brought it over glossy water, greater,
And dropped it in, and seen the image wallow,
The color run, all sorts of wonder follow."



- Robert Frost


Photobucket

earrings: Just the 1 // T-shirt: Urban Outfitters


I love the moon. I know it's a weird "confession" but my nocturnal habits have often inspired my art, and lately my style: I find myself searching high and low for moon art, jewelry, t-shirts - anything I can get my hands on. 

When I came across these over sized silver earrings, I had to have them! They were kind of like a cross between silver kitsch gypset style and street sweet bamboo hoops - the perfect addition to my lately 'blah' wardrobe. 

The word "GYPSET" is the combination of gypsy + jet set. I recently bought a small coffee table book by Julia Chaplin, filled with beautiful photos of what inspires gypset style. I recommend looking for it at book stores. Here are some scans to inspire your finds!



Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. happy to have found your blog! love those earrings! what an amazing find... i LOVE etsy! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. The way you write is so engaging. Love the picture of you with those gorgeous earrings!<3

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it :)
    great blog, following u :)
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I loved Eat, Pray and Love. I am following you from Rome. I hope you follow me back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey thanks for the comment :) wanna follow each other?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am reading The Happiness Project right now ;)


    XX,
    Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cool earring! :)
    Would you like to follow each other?
    http://dreameranete.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is so lovely!

    hope you'll visit back!
    www.marylee31.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi gorgeous!
    I loved your blog:)
    Thank you for your lovely comment in mine:)
    I'm following you via GFC and lookbook now, would you like to follow me back?
    kisses
    new post on my blog:
    http://styleglaze.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are wonderful and have killer style so now I will follow you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete